Some days ago, when I was ar work, I had a "small" problem:
I must import a MS Access database to a SQL Server Database
At the first time, I thinked the follows idea:
- From Access: Export Data -> Not Work
- From ODBC: Create an ODBC driver and try to connect with it -> Not Work
Other idea? Oh yes ... I think to use the ADP. What do you do? Read it step by step:
- On SQL Server create a new database (data destination)
- On MS Access: File -> New -> "project using existing data..." and select the server (SQL) and the database destination (it was created on step 1)
- On MS Access: Import the table from the mdb file (source database) and you can do it with: File -> Load External Data* -> Import
- Select all table (or only the table you need)
- Please wait ...
- When the process end, you can have the data on your SQL Server Database
Is it not difficult ;)
* I'm not sure of the name of this menu ... It's the 3th row under file.
Etichette: Database, English Post