[Ubuntu] HowTo : Install python with apt-get

Some day ago, I was talking with a friend about python. I'd like to learn it, but I did not time in the past. I had ten "free" minutes and I opened my shell and install it. What do you do to install? It's very simple ...



You can "only" follow me with a shell :)

Step 0 -> Update repository package lists
innovatel@silente:~$ sudo apt-get update

Step 1 -> Install python
innovatel@silente:~$ sudo apt-get install python

If python is already present on your system, you read the follow message:
innovatel@silente:~$ sudo apt-get install python
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Step 2 -> You "must" try it ;)

Now, we create a file "HelloWorld.py" with a text editor. I'm using nano, I love this!
innovatel@silente:~$ nano -w HelloWorld.py

and we write:
print "Hello, World!"

Now, we can save and exit from this file. It's the moment of the true ...
innovatel@silente:~$ python HelloWorld.py
Hello, World!

Oh yes, It's run ... percfet!

Step 3 -> Do you want some documentation or example?

If you don't want, you can skip this step! It's not a problem for me :)
innovatel@silente:~$ apt-cache search python-doc
libapache2-mod-python-doc - Apache 2 module that embeds Python within the server
python-doc - Documentation for the high-level object-oriented language Python
python-docutils - Utilities for the documentation of Python modules
python-gtk2-tutorial - tutorial for the GTK2 python library
python-roman - A module for generating/analyzing Roman numerals
python-biopython-doc - Documentation for the Biopython library

I'm going to install only the package python-doc. And, where are the examples?
innovatel@silente:~$ apt-cache search python-examples
python-examples - Examples for the Python language (default version)

Are you ready to install? Of course, I'm ready!
innovatel@silente:~$ sudo apt-get install python-examples python-doc

Step 4 -> Do you want a python GUI Editor?

If you don't want, you can skip this step! It's not a problem for me :)
innovatel@silente:~$ sudo apt-get install eric

Step 5 -> Do you want some "python links"?
Python Programming Language -- Official Website

Python Tutorial

Glade - a User Interface Designer for GTK+ and GNOME

The Eric Python IDE

Etichette: , ,